National Pet Diabetes Day
- Rico, Diabetes, and Me (How my dog and I learned to live with diabetes)In Pet DiseasesMarch 26, 2019Rico is my 16-year-old toy poodle. He’s been with me since he was seven months old. In December of 2017, he was diagnosed with diabetes. When the vet gave me the diagnosis, she asked one question: had I noticed him drinking more water or urinating more frequently? I hadn’t, but that didn’t mean that he hadn’t been doing both of those things. We have a pet door that he uses whenever he needs to, so I had no idea of how often he was urinating. I had noticed that his water bowl had been empty a few times over the past several weeks, but I put that down to my laziness in keeping it filled. The next few months were uncomfortable for both of us. The first step was to put Rico on regular injections of insulin for two weeks, and then check to see if the initial insulin dose was correct. That check meant that he stayed at the vet’s office all day, with them taking a blood sample every hour to check his glucose levels. The samples were taken from veins in his ears, which he was very unhappy […]
Special Promo for Cat Owners
You Could Win a New Cat Tree
Get 10% OFF All Feline Natural Products Until April 20, 2019
Get a Ticket in the Feline Natural Cat Tree Giveaway!
We'll give you one entry ticket into the Cat Tree Giveaway for every $10 worth of Feline Natural product on one sales transaction. That means if you buy a bag of freeze-dried Feline Natural for $20 you would get two tickets.
So, get in today and start adding up those tickets.
- Contest ends April 20, 2019, winners announced April 23.
- One winner per store location
- Tickets given per transaction, no carry-overs
- Amount is after 10% discount applied